We are excited to have you as part of our Gator family for the 2020-2021 school year. We would like to introduce you to the Membership Toolkit.
Membership Toolkit is a tool that the PTO has implemented for your convenience. The tool allows you to register and join the PTO, make purchases for spirit wear, complete paperwork, coordinate volunteer efforts, and make a general PTO donation — all online. The goal is to save time and work together more efficiently!
Once registered, you can:
- Join our PTO (and pay dues) online
- Sign-up to receive important communications
- Complete your directory information
- Donate (Tax Deductible)
- Purchase spirit wear
- Access content website pages just for our families and members
Please REGISTER by selecting the button below.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
If you would like to show some love for our
Gator teachers and staff for Teacher Appreciation Week,
Please click HERE. Every bit counts!
What is PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The group is led by volunteers for the purpose of supporting the education of children at Garcia Middle School. It fosters relationships among the school, parents, teachers and community by providing resources that enrich the needs of the students and staff.
Why join the PTO?
By joining the PTO, you help us meet our school's needs that are outside the scope of their budget. Your membership dues go toward many events during the school year. When you go a step further and volunteer to help with events—or join our board— you set a fine example for our students to follow and greatly encourage our teachers and staff.
Membership dues are just $10 per school year
IF I JOIN, DO I HAVE TO?
- Go to meetings?
No. You are welcome to attend our general meetings though.
- Volunteer or spend a lot of time at school?
Nope! Joining the PTO is not the same as volunteering. If you choose to volunteer we would LOVE the help—but volunteering is not required only encouraged.
Limited Sizes available! Hoodies and T-shirts for sale!
Click here for Spiritwear
Upcoming Events 2020-2021
PTO Spirit Nights
- Thu, April 1 - Freddie's (Sugar Land)
- Thu, April 15 - Center Court Pizza Aliana
STAAR Testing Days
- Tue, April 6 - STAAR Writing - 7th grade
- Wed, May 5 - ALGEBRA EOC - 8th grade Algebra students
- Thu, May 6 - STAAR Science - 8th grade
- Fri, May 7 - STAAR Social Studies - 8th grade
- Tue, May 11 - STAAR Math - 6th, 7th & 8th grade
- Wed, May 12 - STAAR Reading - 6th, 7th & 8th grade
Get involved at Garcia Middle School
There are many opportunities for parents to get involved! Your help is needed and very appreciated!
Currently we have no volunteer opportunities.